The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email - Help Please!

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Winterpegman, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Winterpegman

Winterpegman Registered

Hi All,

I have a reseller account with a hosting company. As such, I get my own nameservers, CPanel, and WebHost Manager. When I create an account, and set up their DNS / MX record etc. everything appears "normal"....BUT...none of the domains I host are able to send/receive email.

The answer from my host is/was (if you can believe this!!!) ping the mail.x.com name, and send the results. Our mail server is up 100% of the time.

I've tried to explain that pinging the domain name is only going to show that the name is being resolved correctly, and whether there is "something" at the other end...

I clicked on the Email Troubleshooter, and sent them the result, and all they answered was "The CPanel Email Troubleshooter has never worked." !!! Also, that is the ONLY icon I see in the main window....no queue info...nothing else.

So, I have NO idea what to do, where to look, or how to "fix" this.

Any suggestions?

Oh...the result of clicking on the email trouble-shooter was -

Mail Routing Error
    Filter/Alias File
    SMTP Destination

I need help please!

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

The only thing you can really do independently of root access is to move to a hosting provider that will provide you with proper support. They need to trace the problem with you through the exim mail logs to determine where the problem lies, and that's something only they can do.

3. Winterpegman

Winterpegman Registered

I figured as much. I have no tools available myself to troubleshoot, so I'm kind of hooped. They are looking at it now apparently (thankfully)...thanks for the response...I'll post the result (in case anyone is curious!)