The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email Help!!

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by kortia, Mar 18, 2012.

1. kortia

kortia Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    4 days and no one can help on this.

Email is not working properly with dedicated server on godaddy. I am receiving regular email, however we get a lot of mail from our shopping cart (notifications@ecwid.com) and emailreceipts@authorize.net. We stop receiving them at 10:30 am central time and then about 930 pm we start getting them (losing several in-between).
    As soon as I change the email in the shopping cart to another email (another dedicated server I have with host gator) it works perfectly. I can also set the shopping cart to send to gmail and it works perfectly. So the server is thinking it is spam and holding it, but I do not see it in que in the WHM.
    I did have another sql data base set up and then set up the email and then deleted the old server, I would not think that has anything to do with it.

Should I reset my Mail Server (Exim)? I am not getting any error codes from the shopping cart side, it shows it is sending them and obviously it is because as soon as I change it in the shopping cart to a gmail or another email it works perfectly.

I am getting email on all my email addresses set up on this server, just not getting ones from my shopping cart.
    I get 40-70 emails a day.

This is totally nuts and the server is brand new and now godaddy wants 50.00 an hour to figure it out.

I think the server is holding it thinking it is spam, but it does not show in que in whm.

any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. ruzbehraja

ruzbehraja Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    What do the exim logs say?
    I am sure your clue will lie in the logs.

Are you receiving any bounce messages?

Is the email id existent or is it a dummy email id you are sending from?

3. kortia

kortia Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    The email it is sent to is a real email. I am getting all other emails to that email address, just not the one from my shopping cart(it notify s us when we have a sale) . It is sent to an email that is getting all other mail. Matter of fact, none of the emails on that server are letting that one particular email through, until after 10pm, then I get them.

Another issue I am noticing is when I do ftp updates, it is taking 24 hours to see them if I see them at all.
    Even jsut adding a simple robot.txt has not taken that I dumped in yesterday.
    Chrome I see them, but not on the other sites. I am using wordpress.

I have a host gator account and it is instant. I got the godaddy account because I have 65 sites on the host gator account and the host gator crashes from time to time.

Godaddy just keeps saying it is my shopping cart goofing, but I can put any other email address in and it will work instantly.

Thanks for any help!

4. kortia

kortia Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    and no I am not getting any reports. Que shows nothing. I am questioning some filters in exim. But reports are not showing the emails being held or problem with the email.

5. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  6. LindsayBeckman

LindsayBeckman Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I am having this very same issue with my GoDaddy email and ecwid. Did you ever figure out what happend so I can fix my problem? Thanks in advance!

7. ruzbehraja

ruzbehraja Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Did you check with GoDaddy?

Have you grep'ed the exim logs?