The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email host getting rejected ??

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by SonServers, Sep 20, 2005.

1. SonServers

SonServers Well-Known Member

I need some advice of things to check.

I have a customer on my server that his wife can't send mail from her email at the school where she works to his domain on my server.

Exim is not logging anything during the attmept. It is not showing a rejection of any kind in the logs from her. To me that means that they are not getting as far as exim, correct?

The school tech guy says that their connection is being refused by us. He thinks it's a blacklist. Yes, I am using blacklists, but they normally get logged and these rejections are not being logged.

The only other thing I could think of is APF. I did a:
    iptables -L | grep xx.xx.xx.xx
    on the smtp server's IP and the IP was not found in the APF rules.

Any ideas what else might be rejecting this one smtp server that wouldn't log it in the exim logs?

Thanks!

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

As you say, if it's not in the logs it's not getting to exim which would suggest either a DNS issue with the MX record or firewall blocking (or indeed a problem on the remote server). You could try stopping iptables and try sending again and see if it comes through.