The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email ID On Server Hostname / Email not receiving

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by thehostingland, Jul 22, 2012.

1. thehostingland

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Dear Forum Members,Mods,Admins ,

I have 2 clarifications to post here. Just help me solving it asap,Thanks.

Issue 1 :

Recently one of our client got VPS Cloud server from us.While setting up it for my client under the option
    (Basic cPanel & WHM Setup -> * Enter one or more email addresses to contact in case a problem arises with this server.) i entered my ID and my client ID . Then under (Server Contacts->Change System Mail Preferences)in three categories roots mail,nobody's mail and cpanel's mail i mentioned my ID.That's it.

Now my issue from the day i set up server was that me and my client receiving a mail simultaneously many many times daily titled "Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender" with the content that " 550-The mail server could not deliver mail to "root@name.name1.in"(server hostname) . So i thought that the ID must be missing and so went inside name1.in cpanel and tried creating subdomain as "name.name1.in" in-order to create mail ID for "root@name.name1.in" but while creating subdomain it says "Sub domains can't be created in hostname"

Now either tell me how to create the mail ID as root@name.name1.in(server hostname) or tell me how to get rid of that "Mail Delivery Error" emails.

Issue 2 :

I created a cpanel account under my clients whm in same cloud server but forget to give him the login details immediately.later i thought of giving him once i complete his web designing process.Meanwhile my client entered his whm and clicked List accounts and under it he clicked the Cpanel icon on the cpanel account i created and opened a mail ID for him in it. Later he found that he can send mail from his mail id and receiver can receive it but if someone send him mail to that id he cant receive it , since in cpanel Horde webmail it says Inbox 0 , why he cant receive mails but only can send ???!!!???

Help me with these two issues please.Thanks.....

2. lldeepakll

lldeepakll Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,
    For Issue 2 :
    Please check the MX records of the domain, is it pointing to same server as domain or somewhere else. Further if it is running on the same vps then try with following domain. WHM >> Edit Dns Zone then select the domain and click on edit, scroll down and select "Local Mail Exchanger". Then save. Further it would be good if you provide bounced back message that sender receive when sending mail to that email account.

3. CitizenK

CitizenK Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Your issues may be related, and it sounds like you do not have your DNS and reverse DNS set up properly. The website intodns.com can assist you in figuring out if anythings wrong with your dns setup.

Additionally, I would recommend submitting a ticket to our support department so we can take a closer look at your server and assist you solving your issue. you can open a ticket at https://tickets.cpanel.net.

4. thehostingland

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Done that !

I not got any bounce back mail at sending id :(

Still not receiving mails :(

- - - Updated - - -

My reverse DNS or PTR record correctly pointing to my server host name only..
    Opened ticket...
    Request id is: 2948478.