The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email is not delievering

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by prakashnplink, Apr 21, 2016.

1. prakashnplink

prakashnplink Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

My clients were unable to send emails. While I inspect log file it shows following:
    Code:
    2016-04-17 03:34:38 1arhDy-0004NK-S1 H=(hostname.com) [some ip]:39984 Warning: "Increment Connection Ratelimit - (hostname.com) [some ip]:39984 because mail server detected a message with a spam score integer greater or equal to 30"
    2016-04-17 03:34:38 1arhDy-0004NK-S1 H=(hostname.com) [some ip]:39984 F=<user@hostname.com> rejected after DATA: "The mail server detected your message as spam and has prevented delivery (30)."
    2016-04-17 03:34:38 SMTP connection from (hostname.com) [some ip]:39984 lost

I do not see anyplace where spam score is set 30. I had forced enabled spamassian for all accounts in cpanel. But due to this I had to disable this option. Any help?

2. 24x7server

24x7server Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :),

I think you are facing this issues due to BoxTrapper. Can you please check that setting on your server.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

You mentioned this is happening for outgoing email from your clients, as in, they are experiencing this problem when sending email from your server to a remote mail server. Is that correct? If so, you browse to the "Apache SpamAssassin Options" tab in "WHM >> Service Configuration >> Exim Configuration Manager" and adjust the following option:

"Scan outgoing messages for spam and reject based on defined Apache SpamAssassin™ score"

You can increase the value you want utilized for SPAM detection.

Thank you.

4. prakashnplink

prakashnplink Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    @24x7server Do you mean in tweak setting? Enable BoxTrapper spam trap is set to OFF.
    @cPanelMichael Scan outgoing messages for spam and reject based on defined Apache SpamAssassin™ score is currently set to 3. But how come I see
    because mail server detected a message with a spam score integer greater or equal to 30 ?

5. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator