The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email issues VPS WHM/CPANEL

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by stubert, Feb 8, 2011.

1. stubert

stubert Member

Hi everyone, I have read thread after thread and linux information but cannot get my mail server to send.

I have a VPS with full root access on Centos with cpanel/whm. I also have direct access to DNS servers on server side.

It is driving me nuts! i can receive emails on all domains (25 in total) but cannot send any of them! does not work via pop or sent web based I get errors. I cannot find the error log anywhere.

Is anyone willing to help me? Would be so greatly appreciated.:eek:

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Via sent webmail, what errors are you getting, since you mention errors there? It would be handy to know what specific errors.

When you are sending, are you using Roundcube? If so, please check the following log:

Code:
    tail -f /var/cpanel/roundcube/log/errors
    Thanks.

3. stubert

stubert Member

Hi thanks for your reply, That command does not work from SSH or ROOT ~ /
    I did get a bounce back email when i tried to send to multiple emails. I got it sending internal emails now it just wont send external to some/most addresses. I have replaced my email with @domain.com.au and server ip as 1.1.1.1
    ----------------------

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
    recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

michaelrees101@hotmail.com
    SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL FROM:<sales@domain.com.au> SIZE=1742:
    host mx3.hotmail.com [65.55.37.88]: 550 SC-001 Unfortunately, messages from 1.1.1.1 weren't sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list. You can also refer your provider to Troubleshooting.

------ This is a copy of the message, including all the headers. ------

Return-path: <sales@domain.com.au>
    Received: from localhost ([127.0.0.1] helo=domain.com.au)
    by server1.domain.net with esmtpa (Exim 4.69)
    (envelope-from <sales@domain.com.au>)
    id 1Pmz5O-0002zb-Cn; Wed, 09 Feb 2011 12:13:14 +1030
    MIME-Version: 1.0

4. stubert

stubert Member

ok i think i got them sending to external mail now all except for hotmail. I put in a reverse DNS (which i have access to server side)

I used my primary IP which mail sends from. e.g. 1.1.1.1 = mail.domain.com.au
    After that emails went external but hotmail is still rejecting it, could this be because hotmail is still on cached dns?

5. Cindu

Cindu Well-Known Member

Hello,

Thanks for posting the header details of the mail. From that it is clear that the IP 1.1.1.1 is blocked by hotmail. You need to contact the IP provider in order to resolve this issue.

" host mx3.hotmail.com [65.55.37.88]: 550 SC-001 Unfortunately, messages from 1.1.1.1 weren't sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list. You can also refer your provider to Troubleshooting."