Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

email issues with outlook

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by daddyivorg, Aug 19, 2007.

1. daddyivorg

daddyivorg Member

Hello

I have set up a vps and am using cpanel. The primary domain for the server is working ok. I can set up and use webmail no problem. FTP etc ssh is all working fine.

The issue I have is that when I try to connect remotely to the mail server it does not connect from outlook. I've tried telnet to port 110 but get no response.

But when I telnet to the hostname of the server on port 110 I get a response.

The MX record seems ok for the primary domain name.

Would I have to do something in WHM or do I have to edit some file or other through the server control panel?

Also, can you tell me where the named.conf file is?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. tweakservers

tweakservers Well-Known Member

Do you have any firewall installed on your VPS? named.conf can be found in the /etc

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. rentaserv.net

rentaserv.net Registered

Outlook

In your outlook config what what port do you have for smpt and pop3 thanks

#3 rentaserv.net, Aug 19, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2007
  4. daddyivorg

daddyivorg Member

No there isn't.

But what it does do is let me log on and send email through port 110 if I use the hostname url as the mail server address. But it won't receive any through pop.

5. daddyivorg

daddyivorg Member

hi

110 and 25

6. daddyivorg

daddyivorg Member

Got it sorted. I had an error in the named.conf file and just deleted the redundant zones in the cPanel. Then I changed the priority in the MX record to 10 and it worked no problem.