The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

email issues

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Inovica, Oct 9, 2002.

1. Inovica

Inovica Member

Hi there

Recently, 5 people have told me they've sent me an email which has bounced, but I'm getting other emails in. Is this something that has happened with an upgrade of Cpanel? If so, is there anything I can do as a workaround to fix it? Very worrying as this has been happening for 2 weeks or so, so how many emails I've missed that I don't know about!

Thanks in advance

Ade

2. Craig

Craig Well-Known Member

Do you have the errors that were produced by the bounce?
    If you can:

tail -f /var/log/exim_mainlog

then get your friends to send you email, watch them come onto the server and if there are any error messages.

Did they include any attachements? .zip, .pif, and a few others that are commonly used by virus's are filters (if turned on) by exim.

Some error messages are needed to diagnose a problem from both server side (if possible) and client side.

Craig

3. Inovica

Inovica Member

Thanks

Thanks for this - I'll look at this to see if it solves anything. I'm sure something has changed in cpanel recently as some of my clients (on server) have said the same thing

THanks again

Ade