The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email Junk Mail Settings

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by TLinger, Oct 6, 2015.

1. TLinger

TLinger Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello,

One of my employees is having a problem where his email account often classifies our emails to him as spam. These are not emails leaving the domain, so no blacklists should be involved. I checked the blacklists anyway and our IP is clear. We can also send email to each other without problem, except for him. For example, if I send an email from me@mydomain.com to him@mydomain.com, it will automatically be sent to his junk mail folder (although not 100% of the time). How can I fix this?

How did it end up like this in the first place? Maybe he marked one of our emails as spam and the system now thinks all of them are spam?

Thank you for your time.

2. Jcats

Jcats Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Does he have a mail client like Outlook that may be sending it to junk mail? If he has any mail applications at all, turn them off, then send another email and see if it goes to junk. You can also look at the email headers to see if SpamAssassin is declaring it spam or not, if its not then its either a filter setup in cPanel or my feeling is a mail client.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

What method is the email user using to receive email (e.g. Outlook, Roundcube, etc)? Review one of the messages in /var/log/exim_mainlog to see if you notice any specific entries. EX:

Code:
    exigrep user@domain /var/log/exim_mainlog
    Thank you.

4. TLinger

TLinger Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    That was probably it. Thank you very much! He uses outlook. I clicked one of the emails in his junk folder, went to home -> delete -> junk -> never block emails from this domain.

5. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator