Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

email login without @domain??

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by iengle, Sep 15, 2004.

1. iengle

iengle Registered

Is there a way to allow POP3 login without using the @domain.com style username? We have a great number of accounts that would be time consuming to switch over.

Thanks in advance,
    Israel

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

No, you can't as that's the way cPanel recognises virtual POP3 accounts.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. d.v

d.v Registered

I'm not sure it this will help, but you can use a simple PHP script to set up a page with webmail login. On this page users will only have to type in their logins (without @domain) and password to log in to their accounts (cPanel webmail). I'm using this at my site (I have a free e-mail service).
    You can download this script at http://download.goleniow.org/pliki/cplogin.zip
    You can even use this script to log into the cPanel, not only to webmail.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ccccanada

ccccanada Well-Known Member

As far as I know you can also do this by assigning a dedicated IP to that website.

If the website has a dedicated IP it should work no problem with the username alone without the @domain.com.