The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email migration problem / access account

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by lucasm107, Aug 5, 2014.

1. lucasm107

lucasm107 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi!

I´ve a problem.. we are migrating from one Reseller hosting to a VPS (Goddady Centos whm/cpanel)

The thing is, we tranfer from one server to the other through "Copy an Account From Another Server With an Account Password". The process run Ok, when I check in this new cpanel account the emails account are ok, but when I try to enter in the webmail or via POP3 can´t access.. So I try to change the email password, but I can´t access with this new password. When we migrate email accounts this stay locked??

The only thing is in the old server the Cpanel don´t include email messages.

How can we unlock the email account after migration.

Thanks a lot!
    Lucas

2. corporatehost

corporatehost Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

I don't think that the email account gets locked during or after migration. It gets locked when the account is suspended. Still few information is required here. Can you please confirm whether you can access the webmail using the ip address and port number ? with your email account and password ?

http://<newserverip>:2096

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Do you have cPhulk brute force detection enabled? If so, try temporarily disabling it or whitelisting your IP address in the event the email accounts were locked.

Thank you.

4. lucasm107

lucasm107 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi

I disable the cPhulk and is the same.

From the account list in Cpanel I click on "access Webmail", ask for password, and then say "You are logged in as info@xxxx.com", they show the 3 webmail clients icons, click on squirrel, but they ask for password again.. and never get access..

If I go to the email account list and change this email password and try to login again I can´t access even with this new password..

BUT
    if a delete the account and create a new one I can login without any problem.. for this I thing that was blocked..

Any idea?

5. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Feel free to open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look. You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.