The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email & MX

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by druid, Jun 18, 2004.

1. druid

druid Member

Hello,

I just found out I'm not receiving all email from certian people. The receive emails 100% of the time from my email address.

When they create new mail or reply to a message the emails come back as undeliverable. Not everyone has this problem.

I am using Outlook Express. I've verified everything is set up correctly. I went to C-panel and looked at the MX settings.

My MX setting is default to my domain name. I saw in the notes to not change it to anything except my doamin name or mail.mydomain.com.

I tried this but it still says just my domain.com.

Is this correct to stay like this?

I'm just concerned about not getting important emails.

Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,
    Eric

2. druid

druid Member

oh crap (sub domains)

I just realized after the coffee kicked in that I need a sub domain of mail.domain.com before it can be change.

I am still interested in eveyone's views on why not all my clients can send me email but receive them.

Sincerely,
    Eric

3. B12Org

B12Org Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Have your clients do a nslookup to see where they are sending the mail to, or do a trace or something. That should give you a hint if they are trying to send the mail to the wrong place at least.

Plus the bounce message should give you a lot of hints, mailbox undeliverable, relaying denied, unknown user, etc.