Email no t Delivered

yort

Feb 24, 2020
Los Angeles
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
Hi I am having problem sending email to same domain. But I can recieve just using my gmail and other email domains. Noticed that under my cpanel email delivery options says "Problem exist" (DKIM & SPF). I Enabled SPF under WHM account list after doing it email delivery options posted valid. Tested email still same thing maybe a little help.

Attachments

yort

Feb 24, 2020
Los Angeles
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
Hello cPanelLauren,

Thank you for your reply if I may ask how do I get the mx records? Also this is the scenario my email address sample is [email protected] when I try to send it to my gmail, yahoomail using [email protected]domain.com works just fine. But when I tried to send within the domain (domain.com) lets say [email protected]domain.com its a no go.

Last edited by a moderator:

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Hi @yort

This can be caused by two things:

• The MX record for the domain does not correctly point to the server
  • The MX record resolves to the correct location but cPanel doesn't recognize this and has the domain set to "remote"
    • You can check this by going to cPanel>>Email>>Email Routing and setting local if the domain receives mail locally and it's set to AutoMatically detect: Remote or just set to Remote.

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
That indicates that you're receiving your mail to a Microsoft service, in most cases something lIke Office 365. So while you can send mail out just fine when you receive mail to the domain it's going to the Microsoft Service, not your server.

yort

Feb 24, 2020
Los Angeles
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
Yeah, your right I added the DNS settings on office365 and I am currently using my Gmail for sending and receiving all my email accounts. Using this domain comp-pros.com I have no problem in sending/receive on other email addresses except for comp-pros.com, What would be your recommendation?.

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
The issue being that mail being received is not going to go to your gmail, because it doesn't go to the server. It's going to go to Outlook. You need to check your mail at outlook and I'd suggest sending from there as well.

When you change your MX records mail can be sent *FROM* anywhere but it will only be received where the MX records are pointed.

yort

Feb 24, 2020
Los Angeles
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
Thank you for your reply I will test using my outlook. I was wondering under my WHM - DNS settings both DKIM & SPF are enabled, what does this mean? You see the attachment below.

Attachments

yort

Feb 24, 2020
Los Angeles
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
Just so you might know this was the original issue: Email is on GSuite client; emails sent to others on my domain are not getting through. I also did a test sending email using my outlook, it works perfectly fine.

Last edited:

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Thank you for your reply I will test using my outlook. I was wondering under my WHM - DNS settings both DKIM & SPF are enabled, what does this mean? You see the attachment below.
I'm not sure what you mean, are you asking what DKIM and SPF are?

Just so you might know this was the original issue: Email is on GSuite client; emails sent to others on my domain are not getting through. I also did a test sending email using my outlook, it works perfectly fine.
Ahhhhhh so that makes the situation a lot more complicated. This thread is the same concept: Office365 Exchange with cPanel Exim