The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email not being collected by Eudora

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by johnday, Apr 13, 2004.

1. johnday

johnday Member

I noticed a day or so back that I was getting little or no email, not even spam. I went ot he server and tried using WEBMAIL, but it gave me an illegal character messages.

So I deleted the account, re-created iotm but I find email that I can see on the WEBMAIL interface that is not being downloaded by Eudora.

Other users are not complaning yet, but hopefully I can sort it out before they notice!

Any clues?

2. eth00

eth00 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Is it just for one domain or is it for all of the domains hosted on your server? Sometimes wierd problems like that only effect one domain.

3. hblair

hblair Active Member

I'm having the same issue with only one domain on my server. I've tried individually doing "Mail Troubleshooter", restarting Exim, restarting cPanel, running Rebuild/Fix Mail Dbs/Boxes - no go. This is an account with 79 email accounts (counting the username one). I seriously need some clues. Nothing has changed on the server except 'normal' cPanel updates. No other domains are reporting errors.

Only Neomail is enabled. The cPanel theme is Monsoon. Config for the domain is set at unlimitd (empty) on space and email accounts. The server has many gig empty disk space. I just can't find any problems - except this domain's email accounts are failing with the same error mentioned in the first post.

Here's another weirdness. If I reset a box's password - even to the same as it was - I can then get into it with Neomail, once. Any attempt after that gives the error "NEOMAIL ERROR: Action has illegal characters!" and access is blocked.

Current config:
    WHM 9.1.0 cPanel 9.1.0-R85
    RedHat 7.3 - WHM X v2.1.2

Any clues?

#3 hblair, Apr 13, 2004
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2004
  4. johnday

johnday Member

In my case it seems to be just me affected! It is difficult to know of course, but I checked my wifes accounton the same machine and she seems to be having no problems.

Sounds like it is time to get out the protocol analyser and see exactly what is happening.

John

5. johnday

johnday Member

Hey thats exactly what I was referring to. I didn't reset the box password, I reset the mail account password (to the same as it was) and that is what I get.

John

6. hblair

hblair Active Member

My choice of words might not have been the best.

When I said "box" I meant the email account - POP account. I just went to another domain and although it was working fine, I was able to recreate the problem on it by trying to log into Neomail twice in a row. The second time errored. YUK.

If I only had an analyser...

7. hblair

hblair Active Member

8. johnday

johnday Member

PARTIAL SOLUTION:

Although I have still to resolve the invalid characters issue, the inital problem is solved.

EDUORA - for osme reason had the login name as just the username part, whereas CPANEL requires the full email address as the login. I haven't looked at the docs for cppop yet.

For whatever reason Eudora does not report an in ability to log in, cppop seems to fail silently and leave the user in the dark.

John

9. hblair

hblair Active Member

OK - but my user is using (said quietly) Outlook. Both of those aside, using Neomail through cPanel still has the problem. Once that's solved any email client should work.

Anybody else?