The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

email not coming through

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by mitac, Apr 29, 2008.

1. mitac

mitac Registered

Apr 29, 2008
    Is anyone else out there having issues where email has trickled down to nearly nothing? I can't figure out if there was an update to cpanel, exim, spam assassin or what happened. I checked into another server my friend has with the same setup, seems they are having the same problems with email.

Before, I got email from domains like,,,, etc... and now I get nothing from those addresses. It all the sudden just stopped coming in one day. I doubt they all got together and decided to blacklist me on the same day.

Also, without boxtrapper ever having been enabled, I have had people tell me they got email notifications to reply to the boxtrapper email for verification. Again, I never enabled it, but it intermittently turns itself on.

We reinstalled exim, and now I get about 30 emails a day from my server telling me exim has failed. I get some email from people, but not like before. There have been no adjustments to spam assassin either.

I am moving to a new server in a few days, and hope that a clean loaded machine might fix the problem. So far, all other attempts to fix it have failed. If for some reason it does not go away with the move, I'll need to keep looking for a solution. This is bad for business.

Any feedback is appreciated!
  2. cPanelNick

cPanelNick Administrator
    Staff Member

Mar 9, 2015
    cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider