The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email not following what is seen in "Visualize ACL"

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Serra, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Serra

Serra Well-Known Member

I have an interesting problem. I have a client with an Exchange server that has a local domain on cPanel. We static route emails to the exchange server and that part is working fine.

This issue is when email is sent from the local domain to the local domain, it gets spam checked. The ACL would indicate that local domains hit 'accept' before scanning. Why is the local domain being spam scanned?

The mail trouble shooter shows it being static routed. I check the the mx record and it says: "This server will serve as a primary mail exchanger for ericblocklaw.com's mail." So cpanel understand it is the mail exchanger.

Any idea why it is getting scanner prior to acceptance?

2. MattCurry

MattCurry Well-Known Member

Hello,

I just needed to get some more information so that we can proceed. Is the exchange server acting as the conduit for the mail or is it handling 100% of it? Please let me know so we can move forward, or if you feel the need you can submit a ticket with the link at the bottom of the post.

Thank you,
    Matthew Curry