The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

email not forwarding

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by eth00, Nov 2, 2009.

1. eth00

eth00 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    The problem with forwarding emails is that your emails appear to come from the forwarding server. If you forward your emails from hosta to aol any spam that are sent to your email appear to come from hosta. This means that hosta ends up getting blocked at AOL.

We see this pretty often and if you have a catch-all forwarded, it often takes little time to get blocked.

The only good option is have the forwarder filter the email first and make sure they maintain a good reputation with aol. It is possible your current IP was already on the bad side of AOL when you moved.

2. longislandlimo

longislandlimo Registered

I have been inmotion for a bout 2 weeks I foward all my emails to my aol account. I have done this for 8 years with my old hosting company. I did not know that inmotion keeps my emails on a server and than forwards them. 3 times already my emails have not been forwarded they keep telling me that aol is blocking the forward. I need a solution to this problem so I get all my emails when they are sent.