The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email Not Logging Out Properly

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by spacey, Feb 17, 2004.

1. spacey

spacey Registered

When I use my webmail, I am prompted for a login. Once I login, I have the choice between neomail, horde or squirrelmail... nothing strange there. So when I pick one of these, log in and write my emails or whatever... when I click 'log off' and then surf to another site. If I go back to the cpanel page, it automatically logs me into cpanel without ever entering the password.

As you can see, this is a serious issue if you're at an internet cafe or at school library. Logging off, in fact, does not log you off. If you don't close the browser, all someone has to do is surf back to your cpanel page and they're logged into your account!

Is anyone aware of a resolution?

Thanks!

2. anand

anand Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Does it still work when you close the window in which your cpanel was open ? I tried it and after closing the window, cpanel will ask password again. As i recall that you only logout of squirrelmail/ neomail/ horde, you are still logged inside the webmail interface. Closing the window helps. Check and post here.

3. spacey

spacey Registered

yes, closing it will log you out but at some places you cannot close the browser, if its like an internet kiosk or a dedicated internet computer at a library.

i think its just misleading for there to be a 'logging out' feature that after you'ved clicked log out, you still need to close the browser. i normally leave my browser open for days on end so i'm wondering if this is just an option of convienience that i can turn off.

4. anand

anand Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    As i said in previous post, you logout from the webmail scripts and not from the webmail interface. There is no logout function at present. Though it wud be nice to have one.

5. spacey

spacey Registered

i see, thanks for your replies. is there somewhere i can request this feature be implemented? how exactly does the browser remember what the password was anyway? is it a cookie?

6. anand

anand Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    np. You can do a feature request at http://support.cpanel.net/index.cgi?feature=1