Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Email not received issue

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by ms_sslr, Feb 12, 2019.

1. ms_sslr

ms_sslr Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi I have a strength issue...
    I have

reserve@example.com

some one is trying to send email to the above address from no-reply@example.net

but the emails are lost somewhere and somehow that I don't know!! even though any other senders are able to send!!! me emails!!!

I have asked them to send the emails to

info@example.com
    xxx@example.com

all the emails are being received!!!

I have deleted reserve@example.com and before deleting there was a forwarder from reserve@example.com to abt@example.com, after deleting the account (reserve@example.com) the forwarder works!! and I get emails which are sent to reserve@mydoamin.com !!!! after I recreated the reserve@example.com again, no emails are being forwarder nor received from that specific sender only!!!

so looks like only one of my specific email accounts is not receiving only from a specific sender!!!

means I get emails from anyone except that specific sender!!! and that specific sender can send me emails on any other account!!!

any idea or help is highly appreciated.

#1 ms_sslr, Feb 12, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2019
  2. ms_sslr

ms_sslr Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi I have a strength issue...
    I have

reserve@mydoamin.com

some one is trying to send email to the above address from no-reply@example.net

but the emails are lost somewhere and somehow that I don't know!! even though any other senders are able to send me emails!!!

I have asked them to send the emails to

info@mydoamin.com
    xxx@mydoamin.com

all the emails are being received!!!

I have deleted reserve@mydoamin.com and before deleting there was a forwarder from reserve@mydoamin.com to abt@mydoamin.com, after deleting the account (reserve@mydomain.com) the forwarder works!! and I get emails which are sent to reserve@mydoamin.com !!!! after I recreated the reserve@mydoamin.com again, no emails are being forwarder nor received from that specific sender only, and the reserve@mydoamin.com is receiving ordinary emails, only no emails from the specific sender

so looks like only one of my specific email accounts is not receiving only from a specific sender!!!

means I get emails from anyone except that specific sender!!! and that specific sender can send me emails on any other account!!!

any idea or help is highly appreciated.

#2 ms_sslr, Feb 14, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2019
  3. keat63

keat63 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Lets start with a plain mailbox belonging to reserve@mydomain.com

Maybe start by removing any forwarders, filters or rules ascociated with that mailbox.
    Maybe check all other rules & filters to see if there's anything specific that may be filtering these emails.
    eg: a filter rule which may somehow be blocking a phrase that just so happens to be in the senders email or headers.

Many years ago, i had a similar issue which was caused by a rule, i don't recall the exact specifics.
    But lets say i was trying to block the word money, the rule may have been along the lines of 'body contains money'

Now any emails coming from the company 'missmoneyandsons.com' would be blocked, as they had a signature in the email body.

It took a while to find.

It could just be something as silly and simple as that.

#3 keat63, Feb 15, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  4. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @ms_sslr

It sounds like a quick look through the exim logs would show you what's happening to that email from that specific address. You could try and search for something like the following:

Code:
    exigrep <remoteaddress@domain.com> /var/log/exim_mainlog
    If the email reached your server there should be some transactional data and information in the logs in regard to it.

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. ms_sslr

ms_sslr Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator

Dear
    thanks for your reply,
    there is no log in there from that specific sender!!!

6. ms_sslr

ms_sslr Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Dear
    Thanks for you answer but how do you explain the fact that any other email accounts on the same domain and sam eserver with same configs are receiving emails from that specific sender!!!

7. ms_sslr

ms_sslr Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator

there is no filters nor any blacklist or such things activated on the server and other emails are receiving emails well!!!

8. cPanelLauren

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider

If there are no logs on the server for that specific sender then my assumption based on the facts you've provided thus far is that the email never reached your server. All email that is sent to the server will have some transactional data in the exim logs.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. ms_sslr

ms_sslr Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator

Dear
    I have been thinking like this, so is there any way we can check where the emails go!!? because the sender confirm that emails are being sent, and if they send it to another address on my server it will be received! so how do I know what happens to emails from that specific sender to the specific email address on my server?

10. cPanelLauren

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hello @ms_sslr

There is absolutely no way to know what happened to mail if it does not reach your server if that is truly what is occurring in this circumstance there is no control you have over this.
    If the sender of the mail has access to their mail logs or can get them, that could be helpful as if the mail never reaches your server the only location any information at all would be present would be on the sending server.