Feb 12, 2019
Netherland
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi I have a strength issue...
I have

[email protected]

some one is trying to send email to the above address from [email protected]

but the emails are lost somewhere and somehow that I don't know!! even though any other senders are able to send!!! me emails!!!

I have asked them to send the emails to

[email protected]
[email protected]

all the emails are being received!!!

I have deleted [email protected] and before deleting there was a forwarder from [email protected] to [email protected], after deleting the account ([email protected]) the forwarder works!! and I get emails which are sent to [email protected] !!!! after I recreated the [email protected] again, no emails are being forwarder nor received from that specific sender only!!!

so looks like only one of my specific email accounts is not receiving only from a specific sender!!!

means I get emails from anyone except that specific sender!!! and that specific sender can send me emails on any other account!!!

any idea or help is highly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

ms_sslr

Feb 12, 2019
Netherland
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi I have a strength issue...
I have

[email protected]mydoamin.com

some one is trying to send email to the above address from [email protected]

but the emails are lost somewhere and somehow that I don't know!! even though any other senders are able to send me emails!!!

I have asked them to send the emails to

all the emails are being received!!!

I have deleted [email protected]mydoamin.com and before deleting there was a forwarder from [email protected]mydoamin.com to [email protected]mydoamin.com, after deleting the account ([email protected]) the forwarder works!! and I get emails which are sent to [email protected] !!!! after I recreated the [email protected]mydoamin.com again, no emails are being forwarder nor received from that specific sender only, and the [email protected]mydoamin.com is receiving ordinary emails, only no emails from the specific sender

so looks like only one of my specific email accounts is not receiving only from a specific sender!!!

means I get emails from anyone except that specific sender!!! and that specific sender can send me emails on any other account!!!

any idea or help is highly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

keat63

Nov 20, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Lets start with a plain mailbox belonging to [email protected]

Maybe start by removing any forwarders, filters or rules ascociated with that mailbox.
Maybe check all other rules & filters to see if there's anything specific that may be filtering these emails.
eg: a filter rule which may somehow be blocking a phrase that just so happens to be in the senders email or headers.

Many years ago, i had a similar issue which was caused by a rule, i don't recall the exact specifics.
But lets say i was trying to block the word money, the rule may have been along the lines of 'body contains money'

Now any emails coming from the company 'missmoneyandsons.com' would be blocked, as they had a signature in the email body.

It took a while to find.

It could just be something as silly and simple as that.

Last edited:

cPanelLauren

Forums Analyst II
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Hi @ms_sslr

It sounds like a quick look through the exim logs would show you what's happening to that email from that specific address. You could try and search for something like the following:

Code:
exigrep <[email protected]> /var/log/exim_mainlog
If the email reached your server there should be some transactional data and information in the logs in regard to it.

Thanks!

ms_sslr

Feb 12, 2019
Netherland
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi @ms_sslr

It sounds like a quick look through the exim logs would show you what's happening to that email from that specific address. You could try and search for something like the following:

Code:
exigrep <[email protected]> /var/log/exim_mainlog
If the email reached your server there should be some transactional data and information in the logs in regard to it.

Thanks!

Dear
thanks for your reply,
there is no log in there from that specific sender!!!

ms_sslr

Feb 12, 2019
Netherland
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
In the event that you can send email however can't get email, there are a few likely causes to research. These incorporate email quantity issues, your DNS settings and your email customer settings. In the event that your cPanel has surpassed its plate portion, this can likewise keep you from accepting email.
Dear
Thanks for you answer but how do you explain the fact that any other email accounts on the same domain and sam eserver with same configs are receiving emails from that specific sender!!!

ms_sslr

Feb 12, 2019
Netherland
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Lets start with a plain mailbox belonging to [email protected]

Maybe start by removing any forwarders, filters or rules ascociated with that mailbox.
Maybe check all other rules & filters to see if there's anything specific that may be filtering these emails.
eg: a filter rule which may somehow be blocking a phrase that just so happens to be in the senders email or headers.

Many years ago, i had a similar issue which was caused by a rule, i don't recall the exact specifics.
But lets say i was trying to block the word money, the rule may have been along the lines of 'body contains money'

Now any emails coming from the company 'missmoneyandsons.com' would be blocked, as they had a signature in the email body.

It took a while to find.

It could just be something as silly and simple as that.

there is no filters nor any blacklist or such things activated on the server and other emails are receiving emails well!!!

cPanelLauren

Forums Analyst II
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Dear
thanks for your reply,
there is no log in there from that specific sender!!!

If there are no logs on the server for that specific sender then my assumption based on the facts you've provided thus far is that the email never reached your server. All email that is sent to the server will have some transactional data in the exim logs.

ms_sslr

Feb 12, 2019
Netherland
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
If there are no logs on the server for that specific sender then my assumption based on the facts you've provided thus far is that the email never reached your server. All email that is sent to the server will have some transactional data in the exim logs.

Dear
I have been thinking like this, so is there any way we can check where the emails go!!? because the sender confirm that emails are being sent, and if they send it to another address on my server it will be received! so how do I know what happens to emails from that specific sender to the specific email address on my server?

cPanelLauren

Forums Analyst II
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Hello @ms_sslr

There is absolutely no way to know what happened to mail if it does not reach your server if that is truly what is occurring in this circumstance there is no control you have over this.
If the sender of the mail has access to their mail logs or can get them, that could be helpful as if the mail never reaches your server the only location any information at all would be present would be on the sending server.