Email Not Sending After cPanel Updates

rinkleton

Jul 16, 2015
Cleveland
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Seems like every WHM upgrade (or maybe an upgrade that requires a restart) causes an email bug. Emails don't send. I think there was a thread in here we found that said that you need to flip the value of the Exim setting "EXPERIMENTAL: Rewrite From: header to match actual sender" on and then off again. Once we do that emails start sending again.

We are able to force through the emails that didn't send, but it seems kind of ridiculous. Is this a known issue? It's been happening for 6 months to a year now.

cPanelLauren

Forums Analyst II
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Seems like every WHM upgrade (or maybe an upgrade that requires a restart) causes an email bug. Emails don't send. I think there was a thread in here we found that said that you need to flip the value of the Exim setting "EXPERIMENTAL: Rewrite From: header to match actual sender" on and then off again. Once we do that emails start sending again.

We are able to force through the emails that didn't send, but it seems kind of ridiculous. Is this a known issue? It's been happening for 6 months to a year now.
I'm not sure about your configuration specifically but I run a live cPanel server and have not once experienced an issue such as this. Based on your description of the problem and the length of time it's been occurring I'd like for you to please open a ticket using the link in my signature. Once open I would also like for you to update this thread with the ticket ID so that I can note the ticket as well as provide status updates here.

Thanks!

Reactions: ukracer