The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

email not working after moving accounts

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by bamm, Nov 24, 2003.

1. bamm

bamm Well-Known Member

Hello,

I've searched the forums but didn't find any help...sorry if I missed a post.

I just moved 80 accounts from one server to another server using the move script and now the passwords for those email accounts are not recognized (get the username/password mismatch error) so no email is being received to those accounts.

Also, these users can't send mail from their accounts as well.

I tried running fixpop on a few of them only to find that that script does not work anymore...it just hangs. Not that I would enjoy running that on 80 accounts with many email accounts inside each account.

I tried running the mail troubleshooter just for kicks...sorry, but I think that script is truly useless.

Any help/suggestions?

I'm on the latest cpanel stable version: 8.5.3-S3

Thanks for your time and any assistance.

#1 bamm, Nov 24, 2003
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2003
  2. carlaron

carlaron Well-Known Member

Did you ever find a fix for this problem?

I just moved about 20 accounts, and although it seems like the username/passwords for POP and webmail are OK, at least one client could not send mail from Outlook until he logged into the cPanel and reset his mail password...

I'm thinking that the move script did not fully syncronize the passwords for SMTP-Auth...

I'm hoping there is a universal script I can run (like the one Syncronize FTP passwords) that will syncronize mail passwords...