The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email notification.

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by alexandrum, Jan 4, 2006.

1. alexandrum

alexandrum Registered

Hello,
    :confused: Please tell me if there are any addons for email notification feature.

For example:
    From cPanel we select existing mail from our domain @company.com and specify email where notification should be send - someone@mail.com.

Someone sends email to our support@company.com email with the following info:

================================================================
    to: support@company.com
    subject: help
    body: Hello, can you help me with my problem. Let me describe what I mean. I have a website hosted on your server and I have some problems with getting access to web admin panel. .... Thanks.
    ================================================================

We would like to receive notification to someone@mail.com with the following info:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    from:test@mail.com. subject:help. body:Hello, can you help me with my problem. Let me describe what I mean. I have a website hosted on your server and I h...
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In notification we need not more than 160 symbols, no images, just text.
    This feature could be used for Mait-to-SMS.
    Thanks,
    Alex

2. cPDan

cPDan cPanel Staff
    Staff Member

Setup a forward of support@company.com to someone@mail.com

or if you want to rewrite the headers create a script that will parse incoming mail and send the parts you want witht the headers you want.

3. alexandrum

alexandrum Registered

We can't use mail forwarding because there can be attachments and images. Message size must be not more than 160 symbols.
    About script:
    Can we use the script on the server of our hosting company? We have access only to cPanel.
    If you have such script please send it to me.

4. cPDan

cPDan cPanel Staff
    Staff Member

So forwarding won't work for this because you want to strip attachemtns and limit it to 160 charcaters?

"attachments and images" are forwarded ok so I'm slightly confuied by what that means :)

Yes you 'd set up a forward to a pipe: |/home/fred/mailhandler.pl

There are lots of scripts on the internet that can help you with this