Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Email on Addon domain - Connection Timed Out

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by krembo99, Nov 3, 2013.

1. krembo99

krembo99 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have an addon domain on one account - and I have some problem with the mail.

All the mails are apperantly working, but I can not seem to be able to directly access them from an external Client ( Like thunderbird )

When I set up those mails using gmail for example, it works .

Also the webmail ( Roundcube ) appears to work fine . I can access it without any particular problems ( Besides the fact that If i go to mail.addondomain.com:2096/ I am promptly redirected to https://cpanel.mainserverdomain.com:2096/ - but still, logging there with pass and user works fine for the said mail. )

The problem is - I can not log in from an external , traditional client , like Outlook or Thunderbird .
    The error is always :

Code:
    Connection to server mail.addondomain.com timed out 

and it takes some time for the error to appear ( when inputting a wrong address it is instantly )
    I tried to restart services ( Cppop, Exim, Courier/dovecot ) - But no help .

my DNS zone looks like so :

Code:
    localhost.addondomain.com. 	A 	127.0.0.1
    mail.addondomain.com. 	CNAME 	addondomain.com
    ftp.addondomain.com. 	CNAME 	addondomain.com
    webdisk.addondomain.com. 	A 	xx.219.xx.xx
    Should I add something there ? and if so - how ? ( Remember . it is an ADDON domain on another account )

Are there some different configuration for add-on mail accounts ??

2. 24x7server

24x7server Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Are you able to ping addondomian and mail.addondomain.com from your local end ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. krembo99

krembo99 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Nop . strangely enough - I can not ping none of the domains / accounts on my server ...

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Check to make sure your IP address is not blocked by any firewall rules on your system. Also, try using telnet from your personal machine to the system. EX:

Code:
    telnet 1.1.1.1 25
    Replace "1.1.1.1" with the IP address of your server. You can replace "25" with a port associated with a different service as well (e.g. 110 for POP3).

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...