Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Email on cPanel and Website on WIX?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by Steviobee, May 15, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Steviobee

Steviobee Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi Guys,
    Apologies if this is in the wrong area, feel free to point me in the right direction.
    I have been using cPanel for a short time now but have lots to learn, I have only used it with all services (web, mail, etc) on the same server.
    My instance this time is; I have a website that I am now looking after on WIX, I am to build a Wordpress site on the 'new server' gradually and then switch over, however, I would like to use the emails on the new server and setup from the cPanel right away.
    I have the DNS pointing to a WIX site, but want to point the emails from there to the new server, where do I find where to point them in the cPanel.

Maybe this is pretty basic, but I just haven't done it before.

Thanks in advance

2. GOT

GOT Get Proactive! PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Create the new a count on your cpanel server.

Create the email accounts in this account.

Go the the edit dns zone option in whm and edit the zone for this domain and scroll to the bottom and make sure local is set for the mail exchanger.

Go to your DNS manager for your domain and create or change the A record for mail.domain.com to point to your new server and set the MX record to point to mail.domain.com.

Mail will then start flowing to your new server.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    cPanelMichael likes this.
  3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello @Steviobee,

The instructions provided by @GOT are correct. Let us know if you have any questions about this.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...