The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email package --> IP? domain?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by hires, Feb 22, 2006.

1. hires

hires Registered

Hello all,

In WHM I tried to create an email package, to serve my cutomers with only an email solution without a hosting package. But when I tried to fill in my onw dedicated ip address in the domain-line, I get the error that it's not a valid domain. I can ofcourse fill in a domain, but my customers will not order one; well ok, they can, but that's not what I want to sell here. I also want to sell email solutions without selling a domain with it.

So I can't fill in an IP address; do I always have to fill in a domainname to create a package?

What I didn't try is to create new mailboxes (accounts) under my onw domain, the name of my company. I might do that to sell email solutions under my own domain name, just like a lot of other providers are doing, but is that possible? als want to give my customers the possibility to login to there own cPanel environment and not the cpanel environment of my domain ofcourse...

So, how can I solve this; create email packages, with and/or without a domain, and so that my customers can login to there own cpanel to set forwarders, autoresponders etc. And how is the Xmail template fit in to this?

Best wishes.

2. Lyttek

Lyttek Well-Known Member

How does their email account appear? user@emaildomain.com for instance... you'll have to create an account using 'emaildomain.com' and then create email addresses under that.

However, this doesn't give (nor would you want) access to cpanel for all those users.

You can host the email for a company/website that doesn't live on your server.

More info on exactly what you're trying to accomplish would be helpful.

3. hires

hires Registered

Thanks; when I posted the message I was still wandering what I wanted to sell. I understand now that I have to register a domain which I can use to create email packages and create mailboxes under (or let my customers be able to do that themselves).

I can also create mailboxes connected to my own company domain, so the email addresses wil be: username@mycompanyname.com.

It's clear now, I will try again, thanks.