The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email password is bad

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by trachr, Apr 26, 2012.

1. trachr

trachr Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I have outlook set up to automatically check my mail... its been doing it all day and now tonight, after changing nothing at all its telling me I have a bad password Ive tried restarting my mail servers but still the password is bad.

Ive even gone as far as changing the password again and trying and still sayin bad password. I also have rebooted my entire VPS and still no change.

Any idea at all what coulda caused an issue like this? How can somthing go from perfectly fine to broken without any changes being made.

The changes I made this morning if it matters was I changed the IP addresses of the shared hosting as well as the main site... but I was able to send and recieve mail just fine after that change, I checked.

Thanks.

2. lordbono

lordbono Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Trachr,

I have the same issue. Just three days ago my email fails to work, I can receive email messages through my IMAP client thunderbird, but I can not send email nor access my cpanel. It tells me "login is invalid". Any ideas, I will submit a ticket but I thought I would publicly post this as well because perhaps it is a recent problem for others.