The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email Passwords Not working on any accounts?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by x_789, Jul 13, 2004.

1. x_789

x_789 Member

Hello, I just had a new site setup and its running cpanel as all the others I run. I personnally setup email on multiple computers for this account. Configured them all in outlook. Now all the machines are saying the password is incorrect and I am having to reset the passwords again. I have this on multiple machines even on the webmaster account I set.

Any Ideas why all my passwords changed, corrupted or what ever.. Did a seach here saw nothing.. thanks in advance.. X

2. BenThomas

BenThomas Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    There seems to be a very elusive bug with mail account shadow file permissions. Typically a quick run of /scripts/mailperm will clear this up. But if you've got a system that consistently has this issue, then I'd be very interested in taking a look at it. Please submit a support ticket (and if you do put it to my attention).

Thanks

3. concreteman

concreteman Well-Known Member

Been There Done that

Elusive - Yes Tried a number of remedies, but nothing, If you could help I could use the sleep... *** IMPORTANT *** [cPanel ID# 66010] Re: webmail perms botched

So you know... people can get in with the port :2095 or :2082 but not with the aliases /webmail or /cpanel

4. hotice007

hotice007 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Did this ever gets fixed?