The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email - Pipe to a Program

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by grayloon, Jul 8, 2014.

1. grayloon

grayloon Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    I have a developer trying to set up an email account that will forward to a PHP script, but it's not working. The email for the domain is hosted externally, so I created a new subdomain and MX record in my external DNS and pointed them to my cPanel server. Since my cPanel server has never hosted email accounts before, I started up the Dovecot service. I set up the new subdomain on my cPanel server and created the email forwarder.

On another linux server, I sent an email (via command line) to the forwarding address. It seemed to leave the server just fine and said it was headed to my cPanel box. However, I can't find any record of it coming into my cPanel box. I checked the /var/log/maillog, and there's no incoming mail there. Is there some additional setup?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Please ensure you review /var/log/exim_mainlog when attempting to see if the message was delivered. Exim is the MTA that handles incoming/outgoing email.

Thank you.