The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email problem. Accounts not displayed on cPanel

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by skymedia, Aug 4, 2003.

1. skymedia

skymedia Member

Hello,
    POP accounts for a domain suddenly stopped working.
    cPanel does not display the accounts either, but directories with each username can be seen at /home/user/mail.

Is there a way to fix this? Or do I have to recreate mail accounts?

I've noticed that que quota for this site was full. Does this have anything to do with this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Adrian

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. Website Rob

Website Rob Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    If their queue is full and/or they have reached their Mailbox limit (default is 10MB) then they need to remove some eMails (download or delete) so they can send/receive more.

3. anand

anand Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Actually even if they have reached their quota they should be able to download the existing messages right ?? This will help them to download and delete them...

I also have this probs at times when customer quota is full, but when he tries to download mails through outlook / any other client it says no mails. When i increase his quota, the mails start to download. Strange :confused:

4. Website Rob

Website Rob Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I wasn't aware of that problem/bug. Although I've had some Clients whose Mailboxes have filled up, they have never reported a problem with getting the eMails in there. Maybe they were using Webmail instead of eMail program, to read/delete their eMails and might be an temporary option for anyone else, whose Clients having this problem?

5. anand

anand Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider

I can't really say its a bug or what but this i have encountered several times, customer calling up saying no mails and when we see there are tons with disk quota full. Moment we increase the disk quota they can download them. Most of our customers use Outlook Express, even when they try to open with neomail, they get the same message, no mails. :(

We are living with this at present, lets c.

6. anirban76b

anirban76b Registered

Email Accounts Not Appear in CPanel

Hi,

I did find that for one of the accounts I created, after creating email accounts, it will not appear in capenl.

After several inbestigatiion what I found is

Your folder and directory ownership shall be correct

The Mail folder and all folders and files under it must be owned by username.mail

Use chown -R username.mail * to change owenership. Make sure you are in Mail folder

Next in the /home/sites/username or /home/username folder find a folder etc. You will find a folder in the name of account or domain. If not create one.

And this folder must have 6 files. passwd; passwd,v ; quota; quota,v ; shadow; shadow,v

The best way is to create a passwd file and place some text in this format

email_account_name:x:32021:32022::/home/sites/username/mail/domain_name/email_account_name:/usr/local/cpanel/bin/noshell

And place it in the etc/domain_name folder. You will find email name appearing in the cpanel. Delete it and create an account. Everything will be fine.

:)

I hope you will enjoy this solution

7. cbwass

cbwass Well-Known Member

Check that the user is not over or at the quota limit, this will cause cpanel to not show the email accounts. Give them a bit more space and account list will reappear.