The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email problem between 2 cPanel servers

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by navmonkey, Oct 8, 2004.

1. navmonkey

navmonkey Well-Known Member

Dear all,

recently I have transferred an account to a second cPanel server. The DNS propagation has completed and all http, ssl and ftp traffic are now routed to the second server. Also, all external emails were successfully routed to the second server. So far so good. (Both servers are running in a DNS cluster, thus both has identical zone records)

But the problem I am currently experiencing is emails send from the first server (the original server) to an email address of the transferred domain are still routed to the email box located on the first machine.

Since all external emails are send to the email box at the second server, I doubt it is related to mis-configuration of the MX record for this particular domain.

Does any of you have any ideas of what is causing email send from the first server, only deliever to the email box located locally instead of to the email box at the second server?

Thank you.

2. haze

haze Well-Known Member

You need to terminate the account else, edit the dns on the old server and add the domain to /etc/remotedomains and run /scripts/mailperm

3. navmonkey

navmonkey Well-Known Member

Haze,

turn out I do not have to remove the account at the originating server, just make sure the domain name no loner appear in /etc/localdomains

Thank you.

4. haze

haze Well-Known Member

Indeed. The second option I mentioned will do that for you, it will also ensure it doesn't get added back to localdomains for you next time upcp runs.