The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email Problem

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Mysteerie, Sep 19, 2004.

1. Mysteerie

Mysteerie Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2003
    I'm having a problem with my email on my machine. The problem is my emails are getting blocked by some of the major networks. (i.e. aol, netscape, yahoo, gmail, cox).

Only AOL and Netscape say that I'm sending out spam. Though I only send about 20 emails per day. (Though I just finally created my RDNS about a week ago, so that might be one of the reasons).

The other domains say unroutable domain. The strangest thing is, that it's only happening to one client. I can still send out email to these networks (execpt for AOL and Netscape, that seems to be blocked entirely) through my Outlook.

I'm getting his returned emails to my default root email address. So what could be the reason this client isn't able to send off emails. Also he is sending off emails through a script of his. Which he has allowed me to post below:

mail("", "message body", "subject line");
    $headers = "From: <>";
    mail("", "message body", "subject line", $headers);
    I do have the following options checked in WHM (Listed below are the options that I think might be causing it, also I do have more checked, including default stuff):

Include a list of Pop before SMTP senders in the X-PopBeforeSMTP header when relaying mail. (exim 4.34-30+ required)

Prevent the user 'nobody' from sending out mail to remote addresses (php and cgi scripts generally run as nobody if you are not using phpsuexec and suexec respectively.)

Track the origin of messages sent though the mail server by adding the X-Source headers (exim 4.34+ required)

I really don't know why his emails arn't going through on the script, any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
  2. KenMaier

KenMaier Member

Nov 5, 2002
    What is the exact error message you are seeing? Is it "unknown user" -- reason I ask is that one of my accounts maintains a large opt-in mailing list and all of a sudden in September a signifcant amount of AOL/NETSCAPE addresses starting bouncing... it really appeared as if AOL/NETSCAPE did some sort of account purge because we were able to identify that the accounts no longer exist. Just seemed odd that AOL did it so suddenly (or it seemed so).