The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email problems on transferred accounts

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by steel rat, Jan 2, 2005.

1. steel rat

steel rat Active Member

Hello again all,

When attempting to check email for transferred accounts, or for manually created email accounts, I can only read mail via web mail, any client app I try to use (Outlook and an anti-spam program I use) will have one of the two following results:

1) If the email account is the primary for the domain I will receive a message that the account is locked or in use when they are not. This has happened on every single one, whether I try to read webmail first or not.

2) For secondary accounts the username and password are never accepted, again this happens on every single secondary on multiple domains.

I have created numerous email accounts, and used them successfully prior to this from a reseller account on a shared host. Now I'm on a dedicated server and nothing is working as I'm used to. I have checked for the existence of inbox.lock files, as I've seen mentioned elsewhere, but there are none on the drive.

2. steel rat

steel rat Active Member

Anyone have any ideas on this? It's really frustrating and is preventing my customers from getting their mail.

3. steel rat

steel rat Active Member

Wow this place is really dead.

Is there anybody out there?

4. therealcrash

therealcrash Registered

I just started looking for some comments about email logins and came across yours. I had a similar problem with only 2 of dozens of accounts. I could not login w/ OE or my perl program that does cleanup.

My provider says that there was a cPanel change that now requires a fully qualified ID (e.g. account@myserver.com vs. account). I tried that and it fixed my problem. The 2 accounts in question were the most recent added.

Not sure if this is related to new accounts you added or what. Hope it helps.

5. steel rat

steel rat Active Member

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to apply to me. All the secondaries use the fully qualified email address and they still don't work. I changed the loging for one of my primaries and it still doesn't work. Although the message is different. Before the primaries would all say they were locked, now the password is rejected on all of them, even though I know they're correct.

I guess I'll have to open a Cpanel ticket.

Thanks for trying though!

6. steel rat

steel rat Active Member

The Cpanel folks corrected this for me. Apparently the company that setup my server had both VMpop3 AND CPPop running, and they were conflicting. Once VMpop3 was disabled all my email accounts were working again.

If this can help someone in the future then all the better.

7. neel

neel Member

I don't want to write full email address in webmail username. what should i do? pleas

hi!
    I don't want to write full email address in webmail username. what should i do? please tell

8. steel rat

steel rat Active Member

I don't think I understand. You don't want to? Why not?