The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email problems

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by ckrieg, Dec 19, 2004.

1. ckrieg

ckrieg Registered

Alright, everyone's email on my server works except this guy.

I can download the email to my client at home, he can view webmail, and you can see the messages in the mailbox via telnet from his computer. Everything is setup right. I know, because I've set it up numerous times as well as using the outlook autoconfig reg.

Here's what happends, he can send email, but cannot receive. I dont get any error messages, it just connects and disconnects as if there were no messages to be received. He can send an email to himself and receive it.

Thanks,
    Colin Krieg
    www.gad.ca

2. bamm

bamm Well-Known Member

I am having this problem as well with one user. When I view the /usr/mail folder for this user, the folders are missing for each email address that isn't receiving email. But all of the email addresses are listed inside his control panel under the mail manager.

I've tried deleting the email accounts and recreating them, and the folders for the email addresses still do not show up inside the mail folder. However, if you look in the folder /usr/mail/domain.com/, all folders for each email address, even those not receiving email, are listed.

List Pop Accounts: All email addresses are listed
    user/mail/ : Folders are missing for each email address not receiving email
    /user/mail/domain.com/: Folders for all email accounts exist

I've tried running just about everything to fix this, but still nothing.

Anyone have any ideas?

3. Peoplespaces

Peoplespaces Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Try deleting and manually installing the account in the customers email client (Outlook or whatever)