encryption

Well-Known Member
Jun 24, 2005
74
1
158
Hi Guys


I have an email that is sitting in my email account which has an "unknown date" "invalid address" and "no subject". If I view the message (using Horde) the email appears to be empty. The problem is I am unable to delete this email/remove it. Each time I click delete, the page refreshes to the next email but if I go back to viewing my inbox, this email is still there, undeleted, and appearing as though it's unread.

Making things worse if that the account is no longer accepting new emails.

Does anyone have any guidance of what to do next ?

Thanks in advance.
 

encryption

Well-Known Member
Jun 24, 2005
74
1
158
Wow I just saw my Mail statistics and sender "local" has sent 85 gb worth of messages :eek:
What do I do ?
 

encryption

Well-Known Member
Jun 24, 2005
74
1
158
shite, I'll lose all my messages, is there any other way to salvage the situation ?
 

encryption

Well-Known Member
Jun 24, 2005
74
1
158
I went ahead and deleted the account and recreated it, but boxtrapper seems to be blocking emails which have MASSIVE Subject lines for example the word "Re:" is inserted close to a 1000 times in the subject line causing incoming emails to be blocked.

I've had this error at work but and the company that designed our email software took care of the issue. Whats the best way to address it in CPanel or via SSH?
 

encryption

Well-Known Member
Jun 24, 2005
74
1
158
This is getting worse, turns out CPanel didnt delete the account, I got an error which I missed the first time

Account Deleted

The e-mail account [email protected] was successfully deleted. Write Failed: Disk Quota Exceeded
I know that the above is not true since there are no messages the mailbox (managed to download / delete them using Thunderbird) yet I get that error

I ran /scripts/fixquotas and still no go....

:confused: :confused:
 

encryption

Well-Known Member
Jun 24, 2005
74
1
158
Sorry for the Monologue.

I resolved the error.

I had Boxtrapper enabled and I must have had a spam attack this morning, accordingly, log files for Boxtrapper blewup over 2 GB in size.

I deleted relevant log files and resolved my problem