The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email Question

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by rbauer_4, Nov 16, 2011.

1. rbauer_4

rbauer_4 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I am new to the email side of things with email with cPanel. I have a few different cPanel accounts created. I can send/receive email to several different email accounts/clients. However, as soon as I send one to a Google apps email account, I get a message delivery failure right away. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The error that the other server returned was: 550 550-Verification failed for <>
    550-No Such User Here
    550 Sender verify failed (state 14).

2. storminternet

storminternet Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Have you checked server hostname as it should be FQDN, pointing to server's primary IP address. Google and other MTAs prefer hostname , rDNS , spf etc for email authentication.

If hostname of your server is not valid FQDN and pointing to any IP other than primary IP then it will mismatch the server identity causing above error.

Check /etc/hosts and correct the hostname as

x.x.x.x server.xyz.com server where x.x.x.x is server IP and xyz.com is valid domain with which you can setup hostname of the server.