Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

eMAIL queue

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by shazad, Jun 16, 2002.

1. shazad

shazad Active Member

When I look into the mail queue, there are many mails left in there. If I try to deliver them, it shows errors &Message 17JA4c-0004F9-00 is not frozen

delivering message 17JA4c-0004F9-00

LOG: 0 MAIN

== root@xxxx.xxxx.net T=local_delivery defer (13): Permission denied: failed to chdir to /root

Return to Mail Queue

&

I'm using WHM/Cpanel, and this is the error I'm getting from WHM.

Do you have any idea?

2. itf

itf Well-Known Member

make sure /etc/hosts & /etc/resolv.conf , DNS, and your main domain are valid and functioning properly.

then in WHM -& server setup -& Change where system mails go

set your email address in all the fields and press save

then in WHM -& email -& mail queue -& deliver now

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ThunderHostingDotCom

ThunderHostingDotCom Well-Known Member

[quote:3c114caa24][i:3c114caa24]Originally posted by itf[/i:3c114caa24]

make sure /etc/hosts & /etc/resolv.conf , DNS, and your main domain are valid and functioning properly.

then in WHM -& server setup -& Change where system mails go

set your email address in all the fields and press save

then in WHM -& email -& mail queue -& deliver now
    [/quote:3c114caa24]

Ok, All of the above was/is correct but on a daily basis I have 80 failed emails in my Mail Queue.

I know where the emails are coming from. We used to sell dialup Internet access and our users had email addys on a certain domain. I have set that domains root address to :fail: Is this why our mail queue is filling up? I do not want any of these emails and I would like to just bounce them. Will the mail Queue work like that? If not is it possible to setup a Cron to delete all messages in the Queue nightly? If so how do I do this?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Matt

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Jacynthe

Jacynthe Member

[quote:8bb1a24b49][i:8bb1a24b49]Originally posted by ThunderHostingDotCom[/i:8bb1a24b49]

I have set that domains root address to :fail: Is this why our mail queue is filling up? I do not want any of these emails and I would like to just bounce them. Will the mail Queue work like that? If not is it possible to setup a Cron to delete all messages in the Queue nightly? If so how do I do this?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Matt[/quote:8bb1a24b49]

Instead of :fail:, do :blackhole: and the emails will be sent into a blackhole instead of sitting on the server with the fail.