The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email received are Plan Text!!

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Econ Healthcare, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Econ Healthcare

Econ Healthcare Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Help! Email received from a DOMAIN are Plan Text!

Hi,

Does anyone have any idea why one of the cpanel email accounts suddenly receives email all in plain text from senders (e.g. @XYZ.com) domain recently?

It has no problem to receive emails from other senders from other domains (eg. @ABC.com or @EFG.com etc) and able to view in HTML.

I tried to delete and recreate the particular account but the result reflected the same. :(

I also tried to create other account and they have totally no problem and able to view in HTML.

I need to use the same email name. Please assist.

Leo

#1 Econ Healthcare, Jul 9, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    You're receiving this mail in your email client or cPanel's Webmail? This sounds like a setting or Rule in the mail client. There are also settings in Webmail for this, Message Viewing Options.

Deleting and recreating the account wouldn't be helpful here I don't think, I'd go over my settings a bit closer.

Not sure if that's a helpful answer or not. If no, please provide more details such as where you're viewing the email and if you have any Rules setup for the specific domain that you're receiving plain text emails from.

3. nwtg

nwtg Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Assuming you mean plaintext formatting and not plaintext/cleartext authentication. ;) If it's one of the webmail clients, 99% chance it's a simple setting. If you're using a mail program like Thunderbird, the default formatting may have gotten changed.