The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

email receiving problem...

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by abubin, Dec 15, 2005.

1. abubin

abubin Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I was having problem with receiving and sending email before maildir upgrade. That was when using a fixed version of the uw-imap thingie. Then I decided to upgrade to maildir because that would seems to solve my mailbox lock problems among other issues.

After upgrading the to maildir, the mailbox lock issue is gone. It has been couple of months now since I upgraded. But it seems the problem has sort of resurface. I have a lot of users complaining that sometimes some users cannot send email to them.

Just got a complain again and this sender said he got this error "failed to be delivered" when trying to send an email to one of my user. The user did confirm that he does have some complain from senders saying they can't send to him.

I really have no idea how to look for this problem because it is intermittent and everytime I check, it always works. Could this be due to some SURBL i am using or some DNS issues with some domain names?

Would appreciate if another can shed some light.

Thanks in advance.

2. ShaChris23

ShaChris23 Member

Same problem

Hi,

My server also cannot receive emails from some of the domains.

The following dont work (i.e. none of the emails on my server can receive emails from these domains): dailynews.com, gmail.com

The following work: yahoo.com, hotmail.com, aim.com, aol.com

I never changed anything in the configuration. So I'm wondering what's going on.

3. abubin

abubin Well-Known Member

hmm...strange! gmail works for me as I am using gmail to test sending mails.

4. abubin

abubin Well-Known Member

hmm...no one else seems to be having this problem....I think this is a serious problem as unreceived email is not good. Anyway I could trace this problem or should I send it as bug to cpanel?

5. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

You haven't provided any information really to help. You need to tail your exim mainlog while sending in an email that isn't delivered and post the errors/messages. If you don't see anything in the mainlog then it's not hitting your SMTP server.