Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email Security Issues

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by efuzone, Mar 19, 2018.

1. efuzone

efuzone Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I have my own dedicated servers, I have only corporate hosting accounts hosted. I am facing issues these days. I want help.

1. Cpanel has suspend incoming option in email accounts option but there is no option for suspend outgoing feature. I have searched people has requested this feature and it is also added in current version maybe if i am not wrong. But my settings are set to released I am still waiting for this feature. It is very important for me.

I have a company who has many email accounts for staff but basically head office uses emails to send emails to outside and local notifications to staff.. I want to suspend staff emails outgoing and keep active incoming that will save spamming please..

2. If this feature is not yet release how i do it through any methods.

3. Company want default webmail as roundcube. e.g. when they open webmail.domain.com they want direct roundcube webmail no any other. So i am thinking i install roundcube through softaculous and create sub domain for them is it fine and secure way? I also want to add restriction on that roundcube installation through htaccess so it will only open in local country.

Please guide me which is better way for them. Because if in cpanel webmail they give staff. There is option for password change etc they dont want to give this option to staff..

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

This feature is included as part of cPanel & WHM version 70:

Version 70 is currently available on the Current build tier, and is tentatively planned for publication to the Release build tier next month. You can read more about the versions and release process at:

Product Versions and the Release Process - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

There's a thread on this topic at:

skip "choose a default webmail application" screen - log directly into webmail

Otherwise, yes you could install a manual instance of Roundcube on the website and restrict it's access. Note that doing this is unsupported, and you'd need to manually manage the installation the same way you would any other third-party script.

Thank you.