The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email Security

Discussion in 'Security' started by gighost, Oct 19, 2005.

1. gighost

gighost Member

on 10-19-05 I registered 2 domain names nipomipo.com and liiya.com, 10 minutes later added nipomipo.com to the server via whm with a reseller account on the server, then my wife registered liiya.com on the same server with the same reseller account, then I start getting the server root email to the new nipomipo.com email account.

any ideas why this is happening? or how to fix it? also if this new account/domain name that is less then 30 minutes old, can recieve server root emails without having any root permissions, what stops other account holders from getting root emails as well this creates a huge security hole for my server, whm access, and cpanel access for my account holders and myself. :eek:

#1 gighost, Oct 19, 2005
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2005
  2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Sounds like you have a mis-configured mail server or have aliases that are incorrectly set. The best way to track the issue down would be to monitor the exim mainlog and watch what happens when a email is sent to the root account and ends up in your domains mail account and track the problem back from there.