Tarak Nath

Mar 12, 2018
India
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

Can we restrict certain mail accounts in my domain so that they can not send email to a forwarder email ID.

Current situation:
We have a forwarder email ID [email protected] (without inbox). If any mail sent to [email protected] then the mail is forwarding to multiple users like:
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

What we want:
[email protected], [email protected] and [email protected] can be able to send email to [email protected] rest of others users [email protected], [email protected] cannot be able to send mail to [email protected]

Any information about how to get this done would be greatly appreciated. If possible kindly let me know with sample example.

Our dedicated cPanel server version: [v74.0.11

Regards,
Tarak Nath

Last edited by a moderator:

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011

Tarak Nath

Mar 12, 2018
India
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

As per your screenshot its work for instead of a forwarder when we created mailbox for [email protected] without mailbox is not working.

Basically we want to apply a filter that only allowed users can be able to send email to [email protected] and the rest of all users [internal users or external users] can not be send mail to [email protected] but they should be able to receive all mails from [email protected]

Please help, thanks in advance.

Regards,
Tarak Nath

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011

Tarak Nath

Mar 12, 2018
India
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

We have created a rules called "allowed_users" under the global mail filter to allow the [email protected] to send mail to [email protected] and everyone else sending to [email protected] will be rejected with fail message. Please see the attachment.

After that we have set a forwarder, now our requirement is fulfilled.

But we just need to confirm what is the best option for "equals","contains","or" & "and" that we tried to explain in the attached screenshot.

Thank you :)

Regards,
Tarak Nath

Attachments

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello @Tarak Nath,

The the rules are working as intended using "AND" and "contains", then I see no problem leaving them enabled. The screenshot suggests the setup is suitable for what you are attempting to do.

Thank you.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hi Tarak,

I've marked this thread as solved.

Thanks!

Tarak Nath

Mar 12, 2018
India
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello @cPanelMichael ,

We are reopening this thread as this rule is now stop working with our current cPanel version v80.0.22.

It was perfectly working in older version v74, v76 & v78. Nothing is changed/modified from our end.

Please help us.

Regards,
Tarak Nath

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
We are reopening this thread as this rule is now stop working with our current cPanel version v80.0.22.

It was perfectly working in older version v74, v76 & v78. Nothing is changed/modified from our end.
Hello @Tarak Nath,

Could you open a support ticket so we can take a closer look and determine if this is a flaw? You can post the ticket number here once it's opened and I'll link this thread to it.

Thank you.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

To update, the "CC" entry in the email header must be filtered independently from the "header_to" entry. There's currently no option for "header_cc" in the Email Filters interface within the cPanel UI. I recommend voting for and adding feedback to the following feature request if you'd like to see it included:

Thank you.