Email sent by Amazon Simple Email Service Seen as Spoofing

PDW

Dec 29, 2003
I have an account that had set up an Amazon Simple Email Service gateway to send Payroll information to its employees.
So Domain.com is on the server, they sent it through and using an @amazonses.com email address (dkim verified) then from there it goes south as it is sending it as an [email protected] and then is seen as spoofing (as yes any that try to send as and not is should be) but is there a way to allow the amazonses.com to pass through?

Im still researching this, the company just switched payroll systems and uses an app on Amazon, and pass through on the email service. I don't actually at the moment have access and never have used the Amazonses So my first thought is there a way for me to allow it to pass through, or do I need to get them to configure it differently

Thanks

PDW

Dec 29, 2003
Never mind on this, I think I just went ahead and set it up as to ignore processing and issues with emails from amazonses.com so should bypass some issues.

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
The exact error message you get on the email (i.e., what is being flagged specifically)in the exim logs at /var/log/exim_mainlog would also be helpful rather than just ignore processing on it. Though that will work for emails locally if they try to send somewhere else it might still get flagged.