The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

email & shell only account

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Neoreal Media, Jan 11, 2007.

1. Neoreal Media

Neoreal Media Registered

(recent switch from Directadmin here.. so im still learning where everything is. i could have looked right over this, but i've looked and searched for a couple hours now)

I need the functionality to create a "shell only" account for a couple of users that only use the box to fun a couple of bnc's and such.

I want to be able to create a package for them, under a single domain (i.e. all of them would have a <user>@boxdomain.com email address, that corresponded to their shell login. Is there a way to have WHM/CP setup a package for them, so that when i create a package it will both create their email address, and their shell login ? or is this something i should just do manually and not bother with whm/cp for this task. or am i just a lost newbie ?

alternatively, it would not be a terrible thing, if it was an email like above, and a subdomain i suppose of <user>.boxdomain.com , if that helps matters any...

thanks for not hitting me too hard :)

2. tweakservers

tweakservers Well-Known Member

as far as I can tell, Cpanel creates then shell access using the CpanelUsername that you assign for the account when it is setup via WHM. If you need something special, you may need to do it manually with root in SSH.