Email Spam Filters not working

danoid

Registered
Jun 9, 2021
UK
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Recently i'm getting a lot of spam emails to one of my email addresses. I logged into my cPanel (hosted by a hosting company) and I went to Email Filters > On my email address I selected "Manage Filters" > Create New Filter > Entered a name and used these options

Rules: From - Ends With - .cam
Action: Disgard message

I then saved it, but the emails still come through. I looked at the Track Delivery and can see the email coming in and the result is Accept.

Am I doing anything wrong? I've looked at th email headers as they are coming from .cam address and not spoofed.

My cPanel version is 96.0.9

Here is the email headers with my information blanked
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Delivered-To:
Received: from
bywith LMTP
id +DenCkelwGA5AiIA99LG9g
(envelope-from <[email protected]>)
for <>; Wed, 09 Jun 2021 12:25:59 +0100
Return-path: <[email protected]>
Envelope-to:
Delivery-date: Wed, 09 Jun 2021 12:25:59 +0100
Received: from [155.94.248.70] (port=15131 helo=surgeonunion.cam)
by with esmtp (Exim 4.94.2)
(envelope-from <[email protected]>)
id 1lqwIV-009NMm-Oy
for ; Wed, 09 Jun 2021 12:25:59 +0100
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2021 06:11:22 -0500
MIME-Version: 1.0
Precedence: bulk
To: <k>
Subject: I rubbed this oil on my head and my hair started growing
Message-ID: <N6hCv0mMyEGeds3egSea8Zs6[email protected]surgeonunion.cam>
Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
X-Spam-Status: No, score=
X-Spam-Score:
X-Spam-Bar:
X-Ham-Report:
X-Spam-Flag: NO
As I want to block the complete .cam domain, I thought the rule I've put in place will do. I've now added it to global email filters as a test, but I believe creating the same rule for one of my email addresses would be the same?

Many thanks

cPJustinD

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 12, 2021
Houston
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello danoid! That seems to be the correct setup, and you are also correct in that the filter should work the same whether it's set for individual email accounts or globally.

I think it would be best to open a support ticket so that our analysts can review the issue more thoroughly and determine what exactly is occurring. You can submit a support request using the "Submit a ticket" link in my signature below.

Please be sure to link this thread when opening the ticket and provide the ticket number here so that we can track the issue appropriately. If possible, please post the resolution on this thread as it may help other community members with similar issues.

danoid

Registered
Jun 9, 2021
UK
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hello danoid! That seems to be the correct setup, and you are also correct in that the filter should work the same whether it's set for individual email accounts or globally.

I think it would be best to open a support ticket so that our analysts can review the issue more thoroughly and determine what exactly is occurring. You can submit a support request using the "Submit a ticket" link in my signature below.

Please be sure to link this thread when opening the ticket and provide the ticket number here so that we can track the issue appropriately. If possible, please post the resolution on this thread as it may help other community members with similar issues.
Hi,

I have tried this but I need to enter my license IP address, I can't get this as I'm just an end user with my hosting

cPJustinD

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 12, 2021
Houston
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello again danoid! In that case, I would suggest contacting your hosting provider so that they can take a look and open a support ticket with us if needed. The raw filter and Exim logs on the server will need to be reviewed to better understand what is occurring, which would require root SSH access.

Let us know if you have any other questions!