The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

email spam problems

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Kekerusey, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Kekerusey

Kekerusey Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    New to this forum so yeah, Hi :)

I have what I think is a fairly standard web hosting cPanel which is letting spam & virus type threats through. MY current filter is the following:

anything@*.domain.com

- edited -

Wildcards help but is there any way I can make this more efficient, perhaps do some more advanced referral stuff? To be honest it may not even be possible with the hosted setup I have but any ideas appreciated :)

Keke

#1 Kekerusey, Nov 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2013
  2. Kekerusey

Kekerusey Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Please note that my long list of addresses was edited by a mod and, whilst I'm sure that was done with the best of intentions, I think it now makes my post reflect poorly on the issues I am having and the (undoubtedly) inept way I am handling them.

Keke

3. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    The long list of actual domains that you're blocking manually, serve no purpose here in this thread and so were removed. You're using this:

anything @ *.domain.com

..for many email addresses.

Your access level chosen when you registered on the forums is Website Owner. Do you have access to Spam Assassin on your cPanel account?

Documentation is here for that:
    SpamAssassin - cPanel Documentation

If not, you might speak to your Hosting Provider. There are plenty of better ways to block spam on a more automated basis than you having to keep adding to this filter list.