The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email Stopped Working on ip based site

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by phinsup, Apr 28, 2005.

1. phinsup

phinsup Active Member

Well I first ran into the bug that totally hosed my dns server, got that fixed, however email will no longer work.... only on my ip based site.

I just get an "unable to find email server" error. Any ideas?

I should add that it's just CPOP

#1 phinsup, Apr 28, 2005
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2005
  2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

You're not very clear on where your problem is, with what, what errors you're seeing or what you've looked into. Are you having problems sending email, or receiving email or retrieving email? They're all different issues. If it's sending or receiving, then you need to be checking the exim log and watching what happend there when you send email:

tail -f /var/log/exim_mainlog

3. phinsup

phinsup Active Member

Sorry about that, I think it's got to be something to do with the latest update issue. I added a site, which downed my DNS for a couple hours earlier today.

I got that issues fixed and everything was running fine, however now I am unable to load any of the sites on the box or email... all services are up and running.

I dont know if I cached something on this end or what, maybe wait a couple hours and see if things come back up?

4. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

If your DNS is bac up and running it ought to be OK. Does the following respond as expected:

rndc status

If not, try running:

/scripts/rebuildnamedconf
    /scripts/fixndc

and to make sure email is configured:

/scripts/mailperm

It's a bit difficult to know what to suggest without knowing what the problems were and how you fixed them.

5. phinsup

phinsup Active Member

Tried that, I can't access any sites on the server at this point, just get a page cannot be displayed, I added the ip to my hosts file and am able to load sites fine.

Things were down for about an hour earlier today when my dns went crazy from the latest little bug, so I am wondering what that has to do with it.

6. phinsup

phinsup Active Member

appears to have been something from the DNS issues, everything is working great now.