The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

email stopped working

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by PatrickVeenstra, Jan 7, 2015.

1. PatrickVeenstra

PatrickVeenstra Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Somewhy my email seems to stop working returning to "The Bat!" something like "unable to connect to the server. The target machine actively refused it" (esp: SEND - No se pudo conectar con el servidor. No se puede establecer una conexión ya que el equipo de destino denegó expresamente dicha conexión) - when trying to send an email. Receiving doesn't complain, but doesn't work either.

I've found out because a cliente has contacted with this message that an email he sent me has bounced back:
    Code:
    This is the Postfix program at host deferred-out-119.livemail.co.uk.I'm sorry to have to inform you that the message returnedbelow could not be delivered to one or more destinations.For further assistance, please send mail to <postmaster>If you do so, please include this problem report. You candelete your own text from the message returned below.			The Postfix program<info@domain.eu>: connect to domain.eu[79.143.xxx.xxx]: Connection refused
    I've sent emails myself from Yahoo! and Gmail and they neither bounce back nor do I receive them.

Last email I've received was at January 2. I don't know if it matters, but my configuration still used info+domain.eu as user and not info@domain.eu (maybe that helps to track when / what went wrong) - but changing it doesn't seem to make any difference.

#1 PatrickVeenstra, Jan 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2015
  2. 24x7server

24x7server Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Can you please check your /var/log/exim_mainlog logs while sending the mails. You will get the all details of that mail which you are sending from our account to yahoo OR gmail.

3. PatrickVeenstra

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    There doesn't seem to be anything interesting over there. I'm unable to find any reference to the email address I've been testing.

Just tested from Yahoo webmail and I don't get any error, but the CPanel webmail doesn't show that it has received my email.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Try searching the local email address or the Yahoo email address in /var/log/exim_mainlog to see if you can find useful output. EX:

Code:
    exigrep user@yahoo /var/log/exim_mainlog
    Thank you.

5. PatrickVeenstra

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Just accessed Horde webmail, and I'm getting this when sending an email:

/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/php/54/lib/php/Horde/Smtp/../../../locale is not a directory

Does that shine any light?

6. PatrickVeenstra

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I've changed the mailserver to Courier, and then back to Dovecot and the issues seems to be fixed.

7. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I am happy to see the issue is no longer occurring. Note that you should open separate threads for issues not related to the original problem.

Thank you.