The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email Suspened?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by TerraSpeed, Aug 1, 2003.

1. TerraSpeed

TerraSpeed Member

One of my new clients can not use their email. It was returns password rejected -ERR Email is Suspended. Their site is not suspened or listed as suspsend. Did they try to connect to the server too many times? Cause it shows this for the whole past 2 days so I dont see that as being the error. Thanks

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. TerraSpeed

TerraSpeed Member

*Bump*
    Please give me a hand with this. I checked exim config and imapd I saw no problems.

3. hormigo

hormigo Well-Known Member

try to suspend and unsuspend their account

4. simplybe

simplybe Well-Known Member

same problem here, we moved an account from 1 server to another, the dns has resolved it`s been a week yet when we suspend the old account on the old server the user gets the suspended error even though all dns has resolved and mail is arriving at the new server.

we presumed it was their isp not updating but 3 different isp`s have been tried and all show the account as suspended.

The user sees his webpage correctly on the new server so his dns has resolved. when we try it works fine.

so what next ?

Edit

We are getting closer to a fix now, the user has a mac computer and reading this it seems the mail client could be storing the old dns :
    http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=50757

so when the user checks their mail the mail client is checking the old server which is suspended.

We don`t have have any macs to test on so waiting to hear from the customer.

#4 simplybe, Aug 3, 2003
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2003
  5. TerraSpeed

TerraSpeed Member

Sorry forgot to update. I suspened the user then unsuspened. It did the trick. To the other user, that's really strange.

Have you asked the client to ping mail.theirdomain.com to find out what server it is resloving to? This would isolate the problem for you so you know what's wrong for sure.