The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email to AOL Not Getting Through

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by russe, Dec 14, 2012.

1. russe

russe Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello and apologies if this is raised somewhere else but I have checked...

As the title says, any email sent from our email which runs on cPanel is not getting through. What's more, there are no return messages and when checking on email trace, nothing. I have sent a number of test emails to various AOL addresses and while they show in the "Sent" box, they never arrive and are not picked up by email trace. They just disappear..
    Any thoughts anyone?

Thanks in advance.

2. mtindor

mtindor Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Did you look in the Mail Queue Manager to see if they were in there? If they are there, try to deliver one from within the Mail Queue Manager and you'll see what's happening.

Send a message [as an account on that server] to an @aol.com account. Grep /var/log/exim_mainlog to see what is happening.

If you sent a piece of mail to asdkjfhasdkjfjh@aol.com, then 'grep asdkjfhasdkjfjh@aol.com /var/log/exim_mainlog' and read what it says.

Depending upon what you find, it might be time to be contacting the AOL Postmaster -- AOL Postmaster | Main / Welcome to the AOL Postmaster Website .

M

3. russe

russe Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Many thanks mtindor - I'll give all that a go...

4. russe

russe Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Mail queue manager only appears to be available in WHM. I am using cPanel and try as I might, I can't find any reference to MQM in there. Tried to sign-on to WHM without any success so I'll now try through support.

5. mtindor

mtindor Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Sorry about that. I didn't realize you weren't the administrator of the server. Yes, it is best that you contact your webhost's support so that they can determine what is going on.

M