The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

email to parked domains

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by webhoster, Apr 9, 2005.

1. webhoster

webhoster Registered

One of my customers uses an email address similar to him@city.parentcompany.com but his company isn't parentcompany so his domain isn't parentcompany.com. Instead, his company is franchisecompany.com.

I've been using Ensim for years and with it, I simply make city.parentcompany.com an "alias" for franchisecompany.com and email to the first is delivered to the second.

Will cPanel forward email sent to a parked domain? Specfically, if I park city.parentcompany.com onto franchisecompany.com, will email sent to city.parentcompany.com be delivered to franchisecompany.com?

2. RickG

RickG Well-Known Member

Hi -

I've also recently migrated to Cpanel from Ensim.

The answer to your question is "yes."

- Park the domain
    - From franchisecompany.com's control panel, select Mail -> Email Domain Forwarding
    - Once you click Add Domain Forwarder from the screen, you'll see city.parentcompany.com in the pull down. Select this and enter franchisecompany.com in the next field.

Hope this helps -

3. danimal

danimal Well-Known Member

What should this do?

Hello!

I'm having the same problem. I've parked the domain, then added it in the Email Domain Forwarding, but the emails are still not getting delivered. The exim logs show that it's getting bounced back with a "no such recipient here" error.

When I add the parked domain via the Email Domain Forwarding, what should it do? I.e. where should I go look to be sure it's working? Does it modify some exim config? does it modify the DNS? something else? combination?

It seems like such a nice feature, but it's broken (at least for me). *sigh*

Thoughts anyone?

-Danimal :cool:

4. bking

bking Well-Known Member

When adding a parked domain, you see the following:

Setup Mail forward blah1.com -> blah2.com

But mail forwarding is not being setup. You have to go into the mail section as outlined below and add it manually.
    Is anyone else noticing this? Is it just me, or should I be raising a bug report on it?

Brad

5. ladydi711

ladydi711 Well-Known Member

I agree it isn't working as it used to in earlier versions.

I just finished earlier this week transferring all my accounts from a 9.9.2 server to 10.2.0 server.

I just discovered today that the domain forwarding email was not working and came here to check it out and found this post.

I think it would be a bug.

6. RickG

RickG Well-Known Member

Do you know for a fact they are sending email to a valid user at the parked domain?

Example:

- The main domain is xyz.com. There is a mail account called Pete (ie pete@xyz.com)

- They park the domain abc.com over xyz.com and set up email forwarding.

- If you write to pete@abc.com it should deliver into pete's mailbox at xyz.com

- However, if you address email to a mail account at abc.com that doesn't exist at xyz.com it will bounce back if the default address is set to "fail"

Is there any chance this is what's happening?